Tips for preparing for accreditation and beyond
In the lead up to accreditation
Adopt a whole team approach to prepare, including the doctors.
- Demystify the experience – let the team know what to expect and the process.
- Prepare the team for interviews with the surveyor.
- Create realistic schedules to review your policies and procedures.
Use PracticeHub to simplify the accreditation process
- Use the risk, complaints and quality improvement registers within PracticeHub.
- Make sure new starters complete the required learning modules and annual updates.
This will create an audit trail to show your systems, processes and the practice’s engagement.
Accreditation is part of a practice’s quality improvement journey, which includes:
- scheduling regular reviews of policies and procedures
- ongoing development and learning process, aligned with training plans
- updating quality improvement registers regularly
- encouraging the practice team to contribute to change.
Always remember, accreditation is a process not an event!
Persons implementing any recommendations contained in this publication must exercise their own independent skill or judgment or seek appropriate professional advice relevant to their own particular practice. Compliance with any recommendations will not in any way guarantee discharge of the duty of care owed to patients and others coming into contact with the health professional or practice. Avant and PracticeHub are not responsible to you or anyone else for any loss suffered in connection with the use of this information. Information is only current at the date initially published. © Avant Mutual Group Limited 2021.